IT Support Specialist
This job is Classified, Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $42,000 - $52,000
Job Statement: We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about the Information Technology field and is seeking to launch/continue a career in that field. We view this as an Entry Level position that offers an opportunity to expand your duties and grow as you learn and are able to take on more specialized responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about working in the Public Sector and will desire a career path allowing them to use their talents to serve the public! We are seeking the right person, who will fit our organization, more than a certain amount of education or experience. If you are passionate about starting down the path of an IT Career in the public sector we encourage you to apply.
The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly how to Manage and Solve IT Help Tickets…
Workstation, Office 365, Printing, etc
- Prioritize and address tickets in the proper order.
- Solve issues and document procedures.
- Escalate to IT Manager and/or our IT Consulting firm for assistance (Document and review solutions).
- Create documentation to help end users solve common issues and problems.
Setup and Manage Users/Policies
- User and password maintenance (Network, Office 365, Laptops, etc).
- Software installation, re-installation, updates, etc.
- Security and user group maintenance.
The ideal candidate will also be able to quickly learn and assist the IT Manager to...
Organize and Maintain Network Infrastructure
Server, Workstation, Printer Maintenance Plan
- Establish schedules for routine maintenance.
- Document procedures.
- Keep records of all scheduled and non-schedule maintenance.
Support and Maintain Existing Infrastructure
- Update Inventory of all Workstations, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, etc.
- Organize, label, and document server room equipment.
- Organize and Inventory parts, units, etc not in service.
- Assist manager in establishing schedules for replacement/updates.
- Monitor servers for potential problems.
- Install new workstations, printers, scanners, etc.
- Assist with installing new networking equipment.
- Understand the needs of users.
- Communicate solutions to users.
- Communicate the needs of users to management.
- Maintain communication with our IT Consulting firm.
As the ideal candidate learns and grows into the position, they will be able to take on other functions....
- Database management
- Application Development
- Advanced Security projects
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for to get into the Information Technology field, you might be our ideal candidate. Feel free to click the Button to Apply now.
The on-line application process involves answering a series of 59 questions. These questions are used to help us understand your familiarity with the job duties and a little bit about your personality, not to eliminate you from the process, please answer honestly.
Pursuant to the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties.